A Family That Plays Together... Stays Together

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Talia starts preschool!


Hard to believe that Talia is off to preschool this year. It seems like yesterday that she was born! It is only 2 days a week, but just enough for her. She was looking forward to her big day after watching everyone else start school a week before her. The first day went smoothly for her... at least for the most part. She looks fine and happy now, but there was some serious drama leading up to getting there!

The first day of preschool was yellow day, so the kids are supposed to wear something yellow. Well the day before I realized that she didn't own anything yellow! So we went to Target and found this cute little top that was yellow, in fact the only yellow piece of clothing they had in her size. Well the next day she freaked out about wearing it. I don't know if it was the fact that it went over her shirt (something she has never worn), or if was the color, who knows! All I know is she didn't want to wear it and was throwing a fit! After having 3 boys go through school without a care as to what they wear I was completely taken by surprise! After MUCH drama, tears, throwing of oneself on the floor and the dreaded threat to just not go to preschool at all, she finally put it on. Of course by the time the day was ending I couldn't get it off of her. Go figure!

Talia finding her name on the star.
The rest of the week was a huge success. She was about the only kid there that just barreled into the classroom (of course knocking kids and adults out of the way). She LOVES preschool!

No comments:

Post a Comment