A Family That Plays Together... Stays Together

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Politics Politics Politics

My name is Jenny and I'm a Politiholic. Ok I doubt that is really a word, but I am addicted to politics! I can barely make it through a day without doing one or all of the following: listening to talk radio (I think there are 4 people I like to listen to), read political news online (I refuse to get a paper), and watch a political show in TV. I just can't stand not knowing what is going on in our country and our so called leaders. I will also admit that I get kind of annoyed at people who pay no attention at all. I realize I am a bit extreme, but how else are you going to know who to vote for, or when to call your senators and congress people?? I guess it is sad when all the shows you have DVR'd are political. :)

On the upside my children understand how our country works... extremely well. We often have conversations at the dinner table about political things, bills that are being introduced or that have been passed. Savannah who is a freshman in High School understands how the healthcare bill going through congress will affect her life, and she is 14! Do most 30 year olds get it??? The things in this particular bill should outrage Americans!! Little by little our freedoms are being taken away - in ways that are so minor most don't even recognize it. Politicians do a great job in making things sound good, and why wouldn't we want to help those less fortunate than us? Well that's for us to decide, not the government.

I recently went to my congressman's town hall in August. I brought a friend with me and we both learned something new, both of us are pretty up on what is going on. My congressman has some really great ideas on healthcare, and a ton of other issues, but he has absolutely no "power" in washington. He was told right to his face by Charlie Wrangle (tax cheat among other things!) that sorry we don't even want to hear what you have to say, let alone your ideas.

So I would urge you to check out my congressman's ideas at his website which is http://www.house.gov/ryan/. You can also check out his info on his healthcare ideas it is called the patient's choice act and can be found at http://www.house.gov/ryan/PCA/

I feel better now that I have confessed my political addiction. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment