A Family That Plays Together... Stays Together

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Halloween!

I am always amazed that I somehow manage to get kids the kids ready for Halloween each year. They go back and forth (for what seems like months) on what they are going to be only to change it the week before! Marek kept saying he was going to be Anakin (from star wars). Well in this case the DAY OF his party & parade day at school he decides he really doesn't want to be that and he wants to be a firefighter. Normally I am the type of mom that says tough and we move on. Well I felt kinda bad at making him be that - since both of his brothers had been Anakin in previous years. Since he has afternoon kindergarten this made it possible to switch costumes last minute. So off to walmart we go in search of a fireman's costume. Luckily we found one and all was good. I think I should get mom of the year for that one! Just kidding!

We were especially excited to go trick or treating this year since our town was ACTUALLY doing it on Halloween instead of the Sunday before Halloween. We usually would go to a neighboring town to trick or treat since we don't want to go on Sunday. This was our very first year trick or treating in Mukwonago. The kids had a blast even if it was a bit cold. After the trick or treating we went to a party at some good friends. We had great fun at that party and came home smelling like smoke due to the bonfire. All in all it was a fun and non-eventful evening. Which is a good thing!

Talia the witch & Harper the secret agent

Marek the firefighter and Phoenix the vampire

No comments:

Post a Comment