So all of you who read this must know I'm a HUGE Richard Marx fan. If you didn't then.... You do now. I learned about this concert of his in Sussex Wisconsin (which is like 40 min. away) that was a week before Christmas. I called and managed to get some pretty great tickets. Maybe 12th row, I can't remember now because they were labeled by letters. So my husband is pretty awesome in that whenever he knows Richard Marx is going to be anywhere close we go. Together we have now seen him 3 times. He always puts on an awesome show.
This show was tittled "Stories to tell". It was an accoustic show with pretty much him and his guitar. Before each song he would talk a little about the song and how he wrote it. He also performed some of his #1 songs that he wrote for other artists like In Sync, Josh Grobin, & Keith Urban to name a few. It was an awesome show! Really he sounds better in person than on a CD and his shows are always funny & entertaining. This show he actually had an opening act. His son Brandon Marx performed some of his songs as an aspiring singer/song writer. He was good as well - sounds like a mix of Daughtry and David Cook and is a bit more edgey than his dad. He also had his sons sing back up in a few of the songs. One of the neat things about this concert is that because his sons were there performing there was lots of his family there to see the debut. His wife Cynthia Rhodes (she was in the 80's movie Dirty Dancing), his mother and other family memebers. It was awesome!
Afterwards his son was out signing autographs so we stuck around in hope that Richard would come out. He didn't.... but I did get a chance to speak with his wife yes... I spoke with The Cynthia Rhodes! She was very nice and was pretty much just gushing about her boys. And yes she is still a very beautiful woman! So it was a great evening and we had a fabulous time. Christmas came early for me! I also learned that he will be in Wisconsin again in September...yes I'm waiting for tickets to go on sale for that! Here are some of the best pics we got at the concert. I have a great video of him singing the song Hazard, but again I need to compress it because it is in HD and too big for the blog. I'll find a way! If you managed to read this whole post - thanks for indulging me!
No comments:
Post a Comment