Ok This post is way past due! Savannah is 15 and driver's ED is staring us in the face! I find it so hard to believe that she is this old. Mostly because it makes me older as well! Her birthday often falls between spring break - and this year is no exception. She had a baby sitting job for the week of spring break so she got up early to work, and had to wait to open presents when she got home. The next evening she invited some friends over to eat some of her cake and watch a movie. It's so different celebrating birthdays as they get older. I'm sure she still found it exciting though.


This year Savannah requested a German Black Forest Cake. I had never made anything like that so I went to work finding a recipe for it and gave it a whirl. It turned out pretty tasty and I even put the chocolate shavings on top to make look pretty.
15 is a lot of candles!

Giving the cake a thumbs up
Savannah is growing up so fast and it is so hard to believe that in 3 years she will be off to college. I just can't imagine life without her around here. She is such a help with her siblings and is lots of fun to be around. We have fun watching movies, going out shopping, or just talking while in the car. She has so many talents and it is fun to watch her develop them and mature into a young woman. I'm feeling really old now so I'll stop! Happy Birthday Savannah!
No comments:
Post a Comment