A Family That Plays Together... Stays Together

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Marek's 6th birthday

Marek turned 6 last month! I can hardly believe it! He seems SO grown up these days being in Kindergarten, learning to read, and just changing in so many ways. He had a great birthday and really enjoyed his presents, cake, and special treatment at school.

For his favorite dinner he requested egg McMuffins - not his normal choice. He opened his presents first thing in the morning- I had barely come upstairs from working out and he was dressed and ready to open them. Of course what would a birthday for Marek be without something Thomas. I think his favorite was the big Thomas track that is still assembled today.

He chose strawberry shortcake for his cake - which was a first for mom as well. So after a bit of searching for just the right recipe we had some DELICIOUS strawberry shortcake for dessert! Thanks Marek for choosing it. Marek didn't make it through the first bite without giggling and laughing -Phoenix made him do it- the little goof off can be easily coaxed into laughing. Something his brother was counting on. So under the Table he went! He was a good sport about it though. He had a fun day and wore his birthday crown from school for days afterwards!


Such Excitement!!
YES! Thomas!!

This cake tastes about 100 times better than it looks.
Marek in his birthday hat
Under the table blues

Marek is one funny boy. I often think of him as my little Casanova. He is so jolly most of the time and just a little charmer - yes even to mom. Lately he has said and done some funny and sweet things. One day while driving we were talking about him going to school all day next year and that we (Talia & I) would miss him. He got really quiet for a bit and then said - "I'll miss you when I'm gone... I think that will make me cry" He was pretty choked up when he said it. :( It was very sweet. Sometimes when he wants to butter me up he'll say "You're such a great mom" or tell me I look nice. Recently he told us that he has a girlfriend on the bus - our neighbor who is a year older and a foot taller. Then Phoenix had to step in and tell us about another girl that he "likes". Marek was very calm and completely serious when he said "She is just SO pretty.... she is JUST beautiful.... she is just SO SO beautiful" Repeated several times!!! Needless to say we are going to have strict dating guidelines for him!!!!!

Of course there is the side of Marek that is mischievous and that is always trying to get away with stuff - especially where his brothers are concerned. He is the goof arounder and then some! We just can't imagine life without our little Marek Moo! Happy birthday Marek!!

No comments:

Post a Comment