I took the kids sledding about a week ago and they really had a fun time. Usually I'm not the one who does this. Walking up hill is very difficult for me due to my ankle. I don't have enough motion in it and so I need to kind of walk like a duck to get up the hill. After awhile it just starts to hurt. Thus the reason Rick has always been the one to take them sledding.
Last Saturday though I just decided I wanted to do it! So off to the local sledding hill. We have a little park that they block off the parking lot so it can be used as a sledding hill, they even have a light on it at night. So the older kids and Rick were gone and we took off sledding. The kids had great fun, and were pretty tired after an hour of hiking up and down the hill. Phoenix was SO into it. He started his own "sledding" Olympics. Of course he won the gold! On the way home he said "OH man! The keep replaying that Swede's run!" I guess he had a pretty intense competition going on in his brain! I even had fun going down - Talia didn't like to go by herself, and a couple of runs we tried 3 of us on the bigger sled. Best part was we had the whole hill to ourselves!
Certainly a fun way to spend a Saturday morning!
The Gang after sledding

No comments:
Post a Comment