A Family That Plays Together... Stays Together

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Change

It seems as though life is changing very fast for our family right now. I can see our kids growing up and sometimes I wish I could slow it down a bit. Lots of big changes coming our way and have already happened. Like - no more diapers to change. After 14 years of diapers we are finally done with them. ( I won't miss that) Marek finishing preschool and getting ready to move on to Kindergarten. Savannah leaving middle school and getting ready to be a freshman in high school, and Talia starting preschool. Those are just few of the changes.

What I will miss are all those funny things that little kids/ toddlers do. I can see Talia leaving that stage and I can tell I will miss it. She always says funny things (at least in my book). Lately she has been telling me what she wants to be when she grows up. A few of my favorite are: I want to be a bird so I can fly, when I grow up I'm going to be a whale so water can spfffff out of my head!, or I'm going to be a boy when I grow up so I can play soccer! We keep telling her that she will always be a girl and that she can fly in a plane, or maybe swim with a whale, and that girls do play soccer. On days like this I try hard to remember the things she says.

I'm sure every mother can see themselves leaving this stage in life. What a strange feeling it is is. Not really wanting to have more babies, yet having fun with certain aspects of younger kids. It just makes me want to slow it down a bit as I don't quite feel ready for it. So I guess the best I can do is try to enjoy it when the kids are acting like monkey's, sword fighting, wrestling and just plain being crazy... it won't always be like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment